- OR shame, deny that thou bear'st love to any
- Who for thyself art so unprovident:
- Grant, if thou wilt, thou art beloved of many,
- But that thou none lov'st is most evident;
- For thou art so possessed with murd'rous hate
- That 'gainst thyself thou stick'st not to conspire,
- Seeking that beauteous roof to ruinate
- Which to repair should be thy chief desire.
- O, change thy thought, that I may change my mind;
- Shall hate be fairer lodged than gentle love?
- Be as thy presence is, gracious and kind,
- Or to thyself at least kind-hearted prove:
- Make thee another self for love of me,
- That beauty still may live in thine or thee.
by: William Shakespeare